With a unique combination of features, performance and size, Motortronics has redefined the benchmark for soft starter design.
The incorporation of Motortronics’ unique iERS technology allows VMX-synergy™ to deliver unrivalled soft start performance alongside energy saving capability on partially loaded motors.
With product size and cabinet capacity becoming an increasing focus we developed VMX-synergy™ to deliver the greatest power to size ratio of any other soft starter.
In addition VMX-synergy™ uses Motortronics’ globally renowned Automatic Setup feature which allows the user to programme the unit to any common application using a simple 4 step process. To keep pace with the modern technology, VMX-synergy™ removes the need for buttons and uses intuitive touch screen technology.
- Ease of Use: The display will show all messages in full and 14 different global languages. The use of graphic/schematic images will facilitate complete understanding. Detailed logging will aid setup and onboard USB will allow configurations to be upload/downloaded and emailed.
- Touch Screen: Colour Touch screen on all versions.
- Plug n Play: The soft starter will ‘tune’ itself to the load.
- Auto Set Up: The automatic functionality has been expanded so that more features can be configured without referring to parameter lists.
- Optimising: Energy optimising is combined with bypass to give energy saving in more applications.
- Serviceability: Field replaceable fans.
- 2 Year Warranty: This is made economically viable by the comprehensive logging features, so fault conditions can be easily identified.
VMX – synergy™ – Redefining Soft Starters
Variable Speed Drives are not needed in all applications, with fixed speed loads, a soft starter is a better as well as more economical solution.
|3-phase SCR Energy Saving Motor Controller
|Size 1 up to 100A
Size 2 up to 195A
Size 3 up to 500A
Size 4 up to 722A
Size 5 up to 1080A
|Internally Bypassed – Size 1 to 3
No Bypass – Size 4 to 5
|Full I2T Motor Overload with memory
Current limit set at 4.5x to meet IEC standards
|208, 230, 400,460 volts as standard
Allowing for varying supply frequency 45Hz-65Hz
|Standard Duty Rating
|Trip Class 10
3x 23 or 3.5x 17
|Up to 100Amps 95mm wide
Up to 195Amps 143mm wide
Up to 500Amps 205mm wide
Up to 722Amps 490mm wide
Up to 1080Amps 635mm wide
|Up to 195Amps IP20/NEMA 1 – with finger guard
Above 195Amps IP00/NEMA 1
Optional Finger Guards up to 195A to ensure full IP20 enclosures
|Main chassis: Metal
Front Cover: Injection Moulded Plastic
Terminal Covers: Injection Moulded Plastic
|Terminal position/spacing to match common contactors
|Up to 195Amps Cage Clamp
Above 195Amps Plain Busbar
|24V DC, 110/230V AC
|Ambient Operating Conditions
|-20deg C to 50deg C
|Motortronics iERS Energy Saving Technology
|In Delta/6 wire connection
|3.5“ Colour-TFT Touch Screen
|Optional IP55 full colour touch keypad available for remote/door fitting
|3 x NO programmable output relays
1 x NC programmable output relays
3 x programmable digital inputs
1 x PTC thermistor input
1 x 0-10V/4-20m Analogue input
1 x 0-10V/4-20m Analogue output
1 x USB
Standard: Modbus RTU
Optional: Anybus providing Ethernet IP, Modbus TCP & Profibus
Contact us for additional communication requirements
|Equipped with 4Gb memory, allowing the logging of every event
Date of first start (warranty date)
Total number of soft starts
Number of soft stops
Number of error events
Display event logs
Export data in CSV format
|IEC 60947-4-2: 2012
Low Voltage Directive Battery Directive
Energy Using Products/Energy Related Product Directives
|Products comply to REACH, SVHC, RoHS and WEEE
|CE, CSA, ETL
|2 years from time of first start-up
|Fan efficiency detected, logged and reported
|Firmware upgrade from USB port (if required)