As soon as an electric machine works as a generator (electric motor brake), the braking resistor protects the machine from an excessive voltage increase in the intermediate circuit. REO braking resistors achieve better heat dissipation and better impulse loading by filling heat transport media in the vicinity of the wound body.
The BW 156 braking resistor is designed for drives with frequency converters of low to medium power. Installation inside and outside the control cabinet is possible. In addition to the high degree of protection of IP66, the REOHM 156 profile series are now also UL-tested, which covers an output of 50 W to 7,500 W (as a combination).
- Temperature switch
- Contact protection to protect against high surface temperatures
- Resistance values: 0.3 – 2000 ohms
- Continuous power: 400 – 7500 W.
- Max. Operating voltage:900 V
- Small dimensions
- Fast connection
- Short circuit proof
- Adaptation to every frequency converter
- Use under rough conditions
- Standing and lying installation possible
- High resistance in case of overload