As soon as an electric machine works as a generator (electric motor brake), the braking resistor protects the machine from an excessive voltage increase in the intermediate circuit. REO braking resistors achieve better heat dissipation and better impulse loading by filling heat transport media in the vicinity of the wound body.
Direct Technical Support:
The BW 156 braking is designed for drives with frequency converters of small to medium output. Installation in and outside the control cabinet is possible.
- Resistance values: 1 – 1000 ohms
- Continuous power: 400 – 1500 W.
- Max. Operating voltage: 1000 V
- Protection class IP 20- IP 65
- Test voltage 2.5 kV AC (900 V nominal voltage)
- Higher degrees of protection on request
- other services on request
- other mounting dimensions on customer request
- fast connection
- short-circuit proof
- small dimensions with great performance
- very good heat dissipation
- high resistance in the event of overload
- optional with contact protection and temperature switch optional
- also for aggressive environments (e.g. salt fog)
- Can also be installed outside the control cabinet, compact
- Also with UL certification see overview “UL certified products from REO”