As soon as an electric machine works as a generator (electric motor brake), the braking resistor protects the machine from an excessive voltage increase in the intermediate circuit. REO braking resistors achieve better heat dissipation and better impulse loading by filling heat transport media in the vicinity of the wound body.
BRAKING RESISTOR, Max. Continuous output: 3,500 W.
Braking resistor for drives with frequency converters of medium to high power. Installation in and outside the control cabinet possible.
- Resistance values: 0.5 – 1440 ohms
- Continuous power: 500 – 3500 W.
- Max. Operating voltage: 900 – 4200 V
- Degree of protection: IP20 / IP65 / IP66
- Test voltage: 2.5 kV AC
- Ambient temperature: -10 … + 40 ºC
- Other services on request
- Other fixings on request
- small dimensions
- fast connection
- Adaptation to every frequency converter
- little additional mounting space required
- Optional with cover and temperature switch
- Optionally also for aggressive environments (e.g. salt fog)
- Protection class up to IP 66