The Intelligent Pump Drive
Yaskawa designed the iQpump®1000 with pump service operators and pump system owners in mind. iQpump1000 offers ease of setup and comprehensive pump and motor protection features.
The integrated pump specific software and set up parameters allow the operator to program control values for a wide range of applications. The iQpump1000 will automatically adjust pump operating conditions, as the process variables change while still maintaining optimum pump performance and protection.
iQpump1000 can also replace phase converters when converting from a single-phase to a three-phase pump motor.
Three (3) Pump Control Modes
- Simplex Control
- Single Drive with Constant Speed Lag Pump Multiplexing (Up to 5 Lag Pumps)
- Drive to Drive Multiplexing (Up to 8 Lag Pumps)
Pump Specific HOA Operator with Real Time Clock
- 5-line, 16-character alpha-numeric display with time and date stamping for events, along with timer controls for starting, and stopping.
Pre-Configured Pump Application Macros
- Choose from 5 pre-configured pump application macros allowing for a simple and easy setup by the user or technician. Each application has a dedicated pump quick setup menu allowing for easy parameter entry by following the prompt questions.
Selectable and Custom Engineering Units
- Allows for an easy process system unit configuration of LCD keypad display to match the pump control such as PSI, GPM, and Feet.
Loss of Prime / Dry Run Protection
- Loss of prime protection is a feature to protect the pump and motor from damage that would be caused if the pump were operated without water. If a pump were to lose prime and continue to operate without water moving through the pump, the pump would develop heat, which would eventually damage the pump seal, motor, pipe manifold and related components.
Sleep Mode Minimum Flow
- Protects and shuts down the pump at low speeds or in low flow conditions.
Pre-Charge Control (Controlled Pipe Fill)
- This programmable feature eliminates water hammer and extends system life by gradually filling a pipeline before normal full pressure and fl ow operation. Pump motor speed can be controlled with a system timer, level or pressure control device to indicate when normal operation may begin.
Hard Current Limit
- As the pump impeller wears over time, it changes the efficiency of the pump. Therefore, in order to maintain a constant pressure or flow the pump speed will increase resulting in greater motor amps.
- Whether it’s a duplex or a quadplex system, the pumps will be exercised evenly to ensure that they receive equal run times, thereby increasing the life cycle of the pumps and motors
Parameter Storage and Removable Terminal Board
- Allows for easy replacement of control card without removing control wires, and stores all drive settings without the need for a copy device.
- Built-in DC reactors (30 HP and larger) provide input harmonics benefit, and protection from input disturbances. Integrated 12 Pulse version (480V, 40 HP and larger) provides a cost-effective solution for low harmonics.
Dynamic Noise Control
- Monitors the load at all times and reduces the output voltage automatically, reducing motor audible noise.
- Industrial Communication
- Modbus RTU (built-in)
- Modbus TCP/IP
- PROFIBUS DP
- Building Automation Networks (BAS)
- Metasys (N2)
- Apogee (P1)
|Type||INTELLIGENT PUMP CONTROL|
|Range||1-175HP 200-240V 3-PHASE|
1 -500HP 380-480V 3-PHASE
2-250HP 500-600V 3-PHASE
|Real Time Clock||Standard (Mounted on Drive)|
|H – O – A Operator||Standard (Mounted on Drive)|
|Transducer Power Supply||24 V @ 150mA|
|Analog Inputs||3 – Programmable 0 -10VDC or 4-20mA|
|Analog Outputs||2 – Programmable 0 -10VDC or 4-20mA|
|Digital Inputs||8 Programmable|
|Digital Outputs||1 – Form C Fault Relay|
1 – Form C Programmable Relay
2 – Form A Programmable Relay
|Expansion I/O Adapters||2 Additional Programmable Digital Outputs|
2 Additional Programmable Analog Outputs
|Communication Network Options||Ethernet I/P. Modbus TCP/IP, PROFIBUS-DP|
PROFINET, DeviceNet, Metasys, Apogee