SLIO CPU - VIPA's Compact Innovative PLC System
SLIO stands for Slice I/O. It is VIPA's own I/O System which can now be extended with a highly innovative and economic CPU module.
Features known from the SPEED7 CPUs 300S Series have been integrated into the SLIO CPUs. Thus, memory management with flexible memory adaptation via the Memory Configuration Card (MCC), known from the SPEED7 CPUs of the 300 series, is present again in the SLIO CPUs, but has been updated.
The VSC (VIPASetCard) now allows for two hardware variants to generate a total of 24 CPU variants. Even in its basic configuration, without the optional VSC, both hardware variants already provide so much memory, that many of the common applications can run immediately. With the help of the VSC, the memory can be expanded and the PROFIBUS communication can be enabled in both basic CPUs. Only the SD card has to be plugged into the CPU of the selected hardware variant. Then the additional features can be used immediately with the first operation. The VSC can also be used like any other standard SD card for storage of program and data. Programming is realized in VIPA SPEED7 Studio or the SIMATIC world, familiar to most users, i.e. concretely with STEP 7 or TIA Portal from Siemens.
Features of the SLIO CPU
- Integrated new SPEED7 7100DEV processor for outstanding performance
- Extremely fast backplane bus with 48Mbit/s
- Flexible memory expansion and extension of the communication possibilities without CPU-swap.
- Optional PROFIBUS Master or Slave which can be activated via VSC
- Second Ethernet interface with PROFINET-Controller integrated with the basic CPU 015
- Usable centralized and decentralized up to 64 modules - directly to the CPU
- Only two types of hardware for comprehensive savings in warehousing and logistic costs
To know more about the VIPA SLIO CPU please download the following product brochure: